Happy new year to you all! You probably spent much of the last few weeks, doing as do I, reflecting on the highlights and also perhaps a few low-lights of 2018, and then assembling the requisite list of goals for 2019. They say that you increase substantially your ability to keep a New Years' resolution by sharing it publicly - so, along with a recap of 2018 highlights and what's ahead for 2019, I'm sharing my New Years' Resolution with you in this brief newsletter.
2018 - Year in Review - I am grateful to have had a few things to celebrate in my musical life in 2018 including:
- Starting the year being named ‘One of the Ones to Watch’ by the Nashville Songwriters’ Association International;
- Releasing several new songs in the Spring and several of my new songs have had repeated folk radio airplay-a couple were also on the ‘end of year’ list of favorites of some of these DJs! Read more about these fine folks at this page
- Performing in a number of premier folk festivals and venues including:
- Philadelphia Folk Festival (Pennsylvania)
- Huntington Folk Festival (New York)
- Ladybug Festival (Deleware)
- The Market Bar (Inverness Scotland)
- Folk Radio DJ Showcase at Northeast Regional Folk Alliance conference (Stamford CT)
- Runner-up for 2018 Best of Philly Live Performer (Folk/Country Category)
2019 - What's Ahead - Some fun things are ahead in 2019 including a new CD release and hopefully some wonderful festivals and other songwriter competitions to participate in. For now, here are the list of my upcoming shows:
- Jan 12 7p.m - PASA House Concert
- Jan 25 7p.m. - Community Cup Coffeehouse at 933 Baltimore Pike Springfield
- Feb 3 - 8p.m. - Hometown Heroes Radio Show 93.7 WSTW (promoting February 10 Show)
- Feb 10 - 2:30 - 12:00 - Winter Doldrums Ardmore Music Hall
- March 17 4:00 - Abbie Gardner (I’m opening) Riverside Rhythm and Rhyme in Succasunna NJ
- March 23 7p.m. - With Jess Graeae at Malelani
- March 29 time TBD - Cape May Singer Songwriter Festival (2 day fest . . . not sure when/where I’m showcasing but will be either Friday or Saturday night)
- April 7 6p.m. - Show with Willa Mamet (west coast songstress!) at Malelani
A New Years' Resolution - There is a lot afoot in the world today and it seems almost entirely negative. Sometimes I find it hard to watch the news or engage with the topics as it can overwhelm me with a feeling of despair. Maybe some of you feel the same. 2018 was the hardest year I can remember in this respect. I am resolving myself in 2019 to be positive and, in the only way I can, a beacon for GOOD THINGS that can, and will, come, even though we may have trouble discerning the positive in the current moment. I hope the same for you as well. And by the way, Good Things Will Come is the name of my latest song -not yet recorded but hopefully soon!
Thanks again for all your love and support of me and the band’s music -wishing you all the best in 2019!